Why Partner with Finegreen
Our Vision and Values
Post a Job
The Finegreen Group are a young, dynamic market-leading specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on permanent, interim and fixed-term contract management and executive roles in the public and private sector.
Launched in 2005, Chief Executive Neil Fineberg and his team of specialist consultants have extensive experience in the healthcare recruitment business. Currently, around 80% of business comes from the recruitment of staff for the UK National Health Service.
Our established networks, extensive candidate databases and innovative online marketing differentiates us from our competitors and we are the long term partner of choice for many NHS customers, including Acute Trusts, Mental Health Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Community Providers, Commissioning Support Units, Ambulance Trusts, and many national and regional healthcare organisations.
We have been successfully awarded places on the prestigious Crown Commercial Service, HealthTrust Europe and ESPO Non Medical / Non Clinical Resources Frameworks. The objective of these frameworks are to give the Department of Health and NHS organisations a list of pre-qualified suppliers of interim, fixed term and permanent work-seekers. Furthermore it gives our clients & candidates additional confidence that our systems, processes & fees are verified by an executive agency of the Department Of Health.
Focused around sixteen key specialisms we are committed to providing excellence in customer service throughout the recruitment process and our specialist consultants are passionate, hard-working and renowned for building excellent professional relationships with our candidates.
The services we provide include:
Executive Search and Selection
Our experienced recruitment team offer a bespoke service for the substantive appointment of Healthcare Executive & Non Executive Directors.
We are commited to finding the right candidate for the right price and set our fees accordingly. Our clients enjoy significant savings compared to the large well-known international brands.
Examples of our recent placed healthcare campaigns include;
- Joint Accountable Officer – Derbyshire CCGs
- Joint Chief Financial Officer - Derbyshire CCGs
- Chief Executive - East of England Ambulance NHS Trust
- Non-Executive Director – West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
- Non-Executive Director - West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Non-Executive Director - Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Director of Finance - Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Trust
- Director of Finance - South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Director of Finance - The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust
- Director of Finance - West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Chief Financial Officer - Greater Huddersfield CCG
- Director of Strategic Partnerships – Birmingham & Solihull Mental Health NHS Trust
- Director of Estates & Facilities - London North West University Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Director of Estates & Facilities - Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Chief Information Officer - Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
- Director of Business Development - Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Medical Director - Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
- Chief Executive - RCCP
- Director of Human Resources & Organisational Development - Totally Plc
- Chief Operating Officer - About Health
- Chief Operating Officer - Thames Ambulance Service
To discuss your Executive Search recruitment objectives and requirements please contact our Chief Executive, Neil Fineberg or Divisional Director, Joe Joyce on 0345 130 4006.
Choosing the right permanent employee to meet the objectives and culture of your business can be a challenging process. Our pro-active approach ensures that we provide our clients with a more varied and higher calibre short-list than they would achieve on their own. We undertake a thorough recruitment strategy to ensure that the best and most suitable candidates are presented to meet the needs of each of our Clients’ requirements.
Our Recruitment Process
For each assignment, our Divisional Director, Joe Joyce, and his team of specialist Consultants will work with you to understand the organisation’s structure, objectives and ethos.
In terms of the recruitment process we will:
- Assist with the creation of a job description
- Design and create the advertisement and/or microsite
- Manage and review the response including communicating with all applicants
- Interview long-listed candidates
- Present a short-list
- Arrange interviews and run assessment centres if required
- Manage the offer process
- Obtain references
If you wish to discuss a permanent recruitment requirement please contact Joe Joyce, Divisional Director on 0345 130 4006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have an excellent reputation within the Interim Management community and we work extremely hard to ensure high levels of quality within all of our systems and processes. With over 200 interim managers working in the NHS alone our reputation has grown as a market leader in the provision of interim solutions.
We manage one of the UK's largest databases of immediately available, fully referenced and highly experienced Interim Managers, with a proven record in the following positions:
- Chief Executives
- Finance Directors & Deputies
- Financial / Management Accountants & Internal Auditors
- Commissioning / Contracting Professionals
- Locum Doctors, Nurses and AHPs
- Public Health Professionals
- Procurement Professionals
- General / Operations Managers
- Strategy / Commercial Professionals
- Marketing / Communications Professionals
- Corporate Affairs Professionals
- Governance Professionals
- Risk Management / Emergency Planning Professionals
- HR & OD Professionals
- Estates & Facilities Professionals
- IM&T Professionals
- Project / Programme Management Professionals
To discuss your interim career and future plans please call the team on 0345 130 4006.
Finegreen's professional recruitment capability extends right across key markets in Europe, the Middle East, the United States and the Asia-Pacific region.
Our team of specialist consultants can offer practical advice and guidance to help you find the right job opportunity abroad, whether it be for an interim or contract role, in either a clinical or non-clinical capacity. We will help oversee relevant entry/visa requirements and provide you with comprehensive details relating to the cultural, economic and day to day lifestyle traits of working abroad.
Should you wish to discuss your International recruitment needs further please contact our Chief Executive, Neil Fineberg, on email@example.com or call the team on 0345 130 4006.
Post a Job
Why Partner with Finegreen
In one of the most difficult periods in the history of the NHS, The Finegreen Group has proved itself to be not just a great survivor but a strong competitor, achieving remarkable results during an unprecedented time. The challenges of Covid-19 have required us to market ourselves in a creative way, making full use our its networking and public relations skills, along with focusing on our target markets and customer service. Here are some further details of this progress:
Major achievements highlighting innovation and excellence:
As we have been able to demonstrate excellency in all aspects of the recruitment industry in 2020, some of our key achievements and awards include:
• Both interim and permanent staff placements increased dramatically – by 20% for interim and 50% for permanent.
• This increase was also reflected in the number of interim managers placed during 2018, which rose by 20%.
• Partly as a result of this, Finegreen’s share of the healthcare recruitment market rose to 7% over the year, compared with just 1% in 2009.
• Winner of the Recruitment Company of the Year at the Talk of Manchester Awards 2018
• Winner of Agency of the Year and Public Sector Agency of the Year at the Recruitment Business Awards 2017
• Winner of the Recruiter of the Year award at the HealthInvestor Awards in 2013, 2014 & 2016.(Runner Up 2018)
• Winner of the Top SME award in the Best Business Awards in 2013-2018
• Runner up Recruiter of the Year LaingBuission Awards 2019 and Recruiter Awards 2019.
• Finegreen are extremely proud to be one of the 10 ‘founder’ members of the Cavell Nurses’ Trust ‘Working With’ initiative to help organisations who value the huge contribution that nurses and midwives make to UK society. The initiative has raised much needed funds through fundraising campaigns and will continues throughout activities in 2019.
We take pride in providing an excellent service to our candidates throughout the recruitment process and through a variety of innovative strategies showcase our professional excellence.
With a very strong range of ethical values we do everything we can to provide the highest quality of service, providing added value to the recruitment process and very competitive rates.
Our success in partnering with frameworks such as the Crown Commercial Service, HealthTrust Europe and ESPO demonstrates the level of quality we have to provide as a minimum and this forms the minimum standards within internal Finegreen processes and procedures.
We welcome new candidates to register with us to apply for latest jobs and to receive ongoing job alerts.
To dicuss you career requirements further, please contact the team on 0345 130 4006 or email us.
Post a Job
Our Vision and Values
Finegreen aims to be the lead recruitment business in the Sectors we service and offer the best service in the industry as well as placement of the strongest Candidates for the most relevant roles.
Our Values are simple:
We aim to treat candidates, clients and colleagues with professional courtesy and respect.
We can be relied upon to deliver an open, responsible and honest service to all our customers.
We pride ourselves on our in-depth knowledge and understanding of our customers needs.
We are never afraid to do things differently and look to stand out from the crowd by delivering a creative and value added recruitment solution
We strive to exceed expectations and constantly seek feedback to help us learn how to improve our overall service and delivery.
Post a Job
Our team of specialist consultants have developed and maintained excellent relationships with all our clients, and we take pride in ensuring each of our clients individual recruitment requirements are closely monitored and managed throughout the recruitment process.
Some case studies on the services we provide include:
Case Study 1: Joined Up Care Derbyshire
In June 2017 The Finegreen Group were appointed as the search partner to Derbyshire’s four clinical commissioning groups (CCGs). Together they account for a commissioning spend of over £1.5bn and purchase health services for more than 1m people. The region’s Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) outlined a vision where health and social care services operated as a single team.
To enable this, the CCGs had approved a strategy to establish a single executive team and the appointment of a joint Chief Executive Officer was the first crucial first step in delivering this strategy.
Finegreen proposed an end to end recruitment process, which would support the CCGs from the initial planning phase, through candidate attraction and ultimately candidate assessment and selection.
Key elements included:
- Production of copy and artwork for briefing packs, advertising and advertorials
- Coordinating a nationwide targeted search for suitable candidates
- A national press, social media and marketing campaign
- Initial candidate assessments and shortlisting interviews
- Design and delivery of managed assessment day
Our search identified five candidates with the potential to meet the remit of the role and these candidates were invited to the assessment day. On 10 August the Governing Bodies of the four CCGs confirmed the appointment of Dr Chris Clayton as their new joint Chief Executive Officer. Chris had been the Clinical Chief Officer for Blackburn with Darwen CCG and also the Chief Officer for the Pennine Lancashire Transformation Programme. In being appointed, Chris was embarking on an exciting journey that will be pivotal in delivering the Derbyshire STP and reshaping healthcare across the county.
“This post not only presents an opportunity to enhance an individuals reputation but to leave a lasting and positive legacy for the communities of Derbyshire”
Oliver Newbould, Locality Director, NHS England
“Chris will lead our programme to transform health and care services. He brings a tremendous breadth of experience and a track record for combining clinical focus with innovative and insightful leadership.”
Dr Paul Wood, Chair, NHS Southern Derbyshire CCG
“I am delighted to have been appointed Chief Executive Officer of the four CCGs in Derbyshire and look forward to working with colleagues to transform health and care services there.”
Dr Chris Clayton, Chief Executive, NHS Derbyshire CCG
Case Study 2 - South Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
When the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust came to us seeking to appoint a new Director of Finance, they had a very specific set of demands.
They were searching for somebody who could take over as a voting executive board member from the current Chief Financial Officer (CFO), when the CFO was due to retire 12 months later. This meant sourcing a finance expert who was not just ‘good at numbers’ but finding somebody who demonstrated a clear ability to grow into a key strategic, executive-level post after a short period of acclimatisation.
We therefore had to tailor our assessment accordingly. Our long-list interviews were very much focused on candidates’ strategic ability, testing their understanding of how a board level executive operates, and whether they had relevant competencies which ould be developed.
The four candidates shortlisted for the final assessment, following in-depth discussions with the client, were then put through a rigorous assessment day. This included a stakeholder engagement event, where they played out various board level scenarios to show how they might step into the CFO’s shoes.
This intensive process not only helped the client to the appointment of a candidate who was the tightest possible fit to their needs – but also enabled Finegreen to deliver a report setting out the successful candidate’s development needs.
The person appointed was Andy Bell, who was previously Deputy Director of Finance for the London Ambulance Service NHS Trust. Further to the appointment, the Trust have not only asked us to assist with coaching and mentoring for the new Finance Director, but have also arranged for a number of their aspiring directors to go through our board preparation programme. The first cohort of senior managers will take part in early 2018, including going on to the Post Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership we run in partnership with Leeds Business School.They are also looking at how we can develop our partnership with the existing board so as to capitalise in the longer-term on these successful recruitment and development initiatives.
Case Study 3 - A Finegreen Development Programme
Working in partnership, Yorkshire and the Humber Leadership Academy (Y&HLA) provide a range of offerings to the NHS, to create excellent leadership and excellent organisations. Increasing demand for improved quality of NHS services within tight financial constraints meant that NHS leaders had to be equipped to think about wider system integration. Future leaders also had to appreciate and embrace equality and diversity. The Y&HLA wanted to provide existing deputy directors with exposure to Board level working, since these would become the directors and system leaders of the future.
Because of Finegreen’s understanding of NHS governance and the experience and quality of our tutors, the Y&HLA selected us their partner to deliver a pilot programme. The programme covered the 7 Acute and Foundation Trusts across the region, with the aim of preparing senior managers for future executive director posts.
We worked closely with the HR Director and OD Lead for each Trust to help identify the diversity of delegates and delivered a ‘core programme’ of three intensive modules to provide the foundation knowledge needed to understand board roles.
To reinforce learning and provide additional value to the Trusts, ‘shadow boards’ were created which enabled the delegates to practice learning as an executive at a board meeting. Delegates read and presented board papers and gave proposed decisions on current Trust matters – all under the guidance of the existing Trust Chair.
The pilot programme commenced in 2016 with a total initial investment of £80k. The following Trusts took part in the pilot:
- South West Yorkshire Partnership FT
- Harrogate & District FT
- North Lincolnshire & Goole FT
- York Teaching Hospital FT
- The Rotherham Hospital FT
- Leeds Teaching Hospital
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital FT
In addition to the confidence and learning gained by participants, Chairs and CEOs noticed:
- Improved confidence in the senior team
- Improvements in board paper quality
- Shadow boards increased board perspectives gained on existing Trust/ system issues
- Participants better prepared to understudy current executives
As a result, the programme has been recommended for roll out across the north of England.