I am recruiting for an interim Deputy Director of Nursing for a 6 month assignment based in the North West.
- Deputise for the Director of Nursing, Midwifery and Governance as required, ensuring a visible presence across the Trust and being recognised as nurse leader;
- Lead on and monitor safer staffing and ensure that workforce plans and recruitment schedules are robustly managed;
- Ensure that effective nursing and midwifery care is delivered by appropriately trained and competent nurses, midwives, non-registered support staff and the accreditation of Healthcare Assistants is achieved to national standards;
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Trusts governance arrangements to ensure that council activity meets required standards and maintains appropriate levels of evidence;
- Ensure the visibility of the lead nurses with corporate responsibility for nursing and midwifery services to enable the provision of quality care;
- Lead for nursing revalidation process in line with national guidance ensuring that regulation registration, assessment submissions and evidence are made following instruction by regulators and within the timeframe provided.
- Ensure that managed services and departments fulfil their responsibilities and that service provision is effective, regularly evaluate performance and plan and implement change as necessary;
- Lead strategic nursing workforce planning, recruitment and retention. Develop improvement initiatives as required and work in partnership with the Human Resources department on recruitment campaigns.
The successful candidate:
- Registered Nurse with current clinical registration;
- Significant experience in a variety of clinical and managerial nursing posts gained in an acute complex environment;
- Experience in a quality improvement, clinical effectiveness, risk management role, safeguarding, infection control or similar;
- Implementation of organisation wide change through effective clinical engagement;
- Positive and optimistic, displaying confidence and exhibiting a presence and vision.
For further information, please contact Louise Griffiths on 0161 241 9665 or email@example.com