Our client an NHS Trust in the West of England is looking to appoint an interim Trust Board Secretary for 3 months in the first instance. This role will be at interim contractor rates under the CCS NMNC Framework at interim Band 9.
- Act as the expert advisor to the Chief Executive, Chairman and Trust Board on all issues relating to corporate governance, ensuring the Trust’s corporate affairs are undertaken to the highest standards of probity and according to statutory and legislative requirements of the regulatory framework.
- Support the Chief Executive in fulfilling his/her Accounting Officer responsibility with respect to good governance and to maintain the highest standards of prudence, propriety and regularity.
- Represent the Trust Board at the highest levels with external stakeholders ensuring that the Trust’s best interests are championed and that Trust Executives and Non Executives are informed and engaged effectively in delivering the objectives of the Stakeholder Strategy.
- Play a leading role in advising the Trust on the potential legal implications of service transfers, in particular those arising from competition law, and the roles of NHS Improvement and the Office of Fair Trading in assessing such transactions.
- Lead the management and supervision of a Secretariat function, which will provide adequate administrative support to facilitate the effective working of the Trust Board and its Committees. The Secretariat will support the Chairman and Chief Executive in the effective conduct of Trust Board and Committee business.
For further details on this role, please email Toni Coates on firstname.lastname@example.org including your latest CV and expected rate.