A large healthcare organisation are looking to appoint an interim Head of Estates for a period of 3 – 6 months, whilst they undertake the recruitment process for the permanent role.
- Provide a senior professional managerial service on all building and engineering and related operational matters with direct responsibility for a large professional and technical workforce, contract procedures, financial control of large budgets;
- Contribute a senior managerial input into the capital and site development and long-term Estates strategies;
- Head of Department for the Trust’s engineering and building services;
- Deputise for the Trust Director of Estates;
- Provide, coordinate, develop and manage highly specific and highly complex specialised engineering and building input into capital site development and modernisation projects;
- Ensure the operation of all engineering and building services is in accordance with relevant codes of practice, statutory requirements and Department of Health guidelines;
- Give senior managerial input/support to Trust service objectives;
- Must have detailed, highly developed specialist knowledge of all building and engineering and operational services in a large healthcare, gained through formal training and experience;
- In depth knowledge of design, construction, maintenance and commissioning of engineering and building services and equipment;
- Possess highly developed specialist engineering and Estates services knowledge covering a broad range of work procedures, operational requirements, knowledge and skills. These can only have been gained by formal training, qualifications and experience at a senior level.
A successful candidate will have:
- Chartered Engineer or Chartered Builder and member of professional organisation such as CIBSE, RICS, CIOB, IHEEM;
- Must have detailed, highly developed specialist knowledge of all building and engineering and operational services in a large healthcare organisations, gained through formal training and experience;
- Extensive knowledge of Health Service capital procurement programmes / procedures.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email email@example.com