I am recruiting for an interim Information Security Manager for an NHS organisation. This is a full time role, band 7, for an initial period of 3 months.
You will not have any line management or financial responsibilities but shall will be required to provide Information Security awareness training to staff.
- Be responsible for ensuring that there is a managed and coordinated approach to the implementation of Information Security initiatives within the Trust, including the management of all Information Governance related incidents;
- Act as the designated specialist on Information Security for the Trust and provide expert specialist advice, in accordance with national and local Information Security related standards;
- Develop processes and systems that support Information Security and will provide Divisions/Directorates with specialist advice and assistance on all aspects of the Information Security agenda as appropriate;
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of the Information Security Policy and related documents with responsibility for Information Security within the Trust;
- Being the designated specialist on Information Security for the Trust and providing an expert specialist advice service in accordance with national and local IG security policies;
- Developing processes to ensure that Information Security is incorporated into all IM&T and Trust-wide projects where appropriate. This includes identifying Information Security requirements at project engagement and ensuring adherence during planning and implementation stages of projects;
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of Information Security practices and related statutory changes and initiatives and to suggest appropriate solutions to ensure services are able to conform to changes and new requirements;
- Providing specialist advice and guidance to Divisions / Directorates on Information Security and appropriate best practice;
- Contribute to the development of effective work programmes for staff in order to ensure that high standards of Information Security compliance are implemented and maintained across the Trust.
- Contribute to designing and conducting regular audits to ensure Information Security policies are being adhered to;
- Providing Information Security awareness training to staff;
- Responsible for advising on the purchasing of items for use to support the Information Security agenda;
- Responsible for providing assurance to the Information Governance Steering Group on Information Security performance and compliance.
The successful candidate:
- Educated to degree level or have relevant Information Security / Information Governance experience;
- Professional Information Governance qualification, (for example, British Computer Society ISEB Information Security / Data Protection Certificate) or equivalent;
- Evidence of training on the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Significant experience in the design, development and delivery of training material in relation to Information Security requirements;
- Extensive experience of providing specialist advice and assistance on Information Security and in the interpretation and application of legislation in a large public facing organisation.
For further information, please contact Louise Griffiths on 0161 241 9665 or firstname.lastname@example.org