A large NHS organisation is currently seeing an interim Designated Nurse to join their large Safeguarding Team on an interim basis, candidate will be covering Looked after Children and Childrens Safeguarding.
- Provide expert clinical advice to the organisation, ensuring that it is able to fulfil its responsibility to improve the health of children looked-after and care leavers;
- This will be through service planning, quality assurance processes and strategic leadership;
- The post holder will work collaboratively with the Local Authority and the Public Health lead for children and provide advice and support to specialist professionals across the health community, ensuring that organisations fulfil their responsibilities towards looked after children and care leavers;
- Required have extensive theoretical knowledge which will underpin practice;
- Will be required to deputise for the Designated Nurse Safeguarding Children as appropriate to help lead the safeguarding children agenda;
- The Designated Nurse will work in partnership in order to fulfil the required functions;
- Support and contribute to the strategic overview and co-ordination of the health component during serious case reviews/multiagency management reviews and safeguarding serious incidents;
- Act as a role model in challenging practice and overcoming barriers in giving and receiving highly sensitive, emotive and contentious information in difficult circumstances;
- Advise and contribute to the development of practice guidance and policies for all health staff and ensure that performance against these is appropriately audited.
A successful candidate will have:
- Training in the specific needs of children and young people and be registered either on part 1 of the NMC register as a registered children’s nurse or part 3 as a specialist community public health nurse having completed a programme with a child and family focus;
- You will have held the post of Designated Nurse within a previous role, or Head of Safeguarding.
For futher information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email email@example.com