A large NHS organisation is currently seeking a very capable individual to work within their Learning Disabilities services, operational management not specifically to Learning Disabilities but within Mental Health is a must.
- Expected to make a positive impact to the provision of healthcare across the Learning Disability Service;
- Lead on the service delivery, performance and development of policies and procedures for Learning Disability Services within the Specialist Services Division;
- Direct management responsibility of Clinical Service Managers, Business Support Manager and a Project Lead;
- Provide leadership to the service for the implementation of the service strategy, and will be responsible for securing the commitment of all staff within the service to organisational change and continuous improvement;
- Provide and develop a working environment and open culture which fosters high morale and commitment among all staff and promotes their wellbeing, professional and personal development;
- Establish excellent relationships with the clinical staff, leaders and external stakeholders successfully developing and evidencing clinical services utilising latest best practice methodologies;
- Develop short, medium and longer-term operational management priorities with Directors, taking responsibility for the delivery of priorities within agreed timescales;
- Be responsible and accountable for compliance with all regulatory requirements within the Learning Disability Service;
- Responsible for on-going service reviews in order to meet the needs of the patients/service users, and to enable the service to achieve key performance indicators.
A successful candidate will have:
- A strong track record of providing robust, operational management within Mental Health services (does not need to specifically be LD);
- Evidence of successful performance management against clinical and non-clinical targets;
- Experience in managing a budget within healthcare services.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on 0161 241 9674 or email email@example.com